My WHAT THE FRENCHTOAST Moment
Within the last couple of days, the price of transportation has gone up almost an entire peso! This is due to the "Subway Strike". The subte, which is the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation, has been shutdown for over a week and a half now. This has also caused millions of pesos to be lost and as I've mentioned before, Argentina is not a country where pesos need to be lost. Needless to say, those people who are frequent bus riders, such as myself, have to deal with buses being filled to over capacity everyday AND the inflated bus prices as well. Today, however, I witnessed something quite remarkable. As I was en route to my house, the bus made a quite stop to pickup more passengers...mind you the bus is already packed. As the doors open, the people who couldn't fit onto the bus through the main entrance decided to sneak on the bus through the rear entrances...AND THEY DIDN'T GET CAUGHT. I sat there and imagined myself sneaking onto buses, huddled in the back and subsequently getting free rides everywhere, unbeknownst to the bus driver. Then I thought about the fact that I'm the only chocolate chip walking along the streets and how the bus driver would remember if a "morena" has boarded the bus or not and in turn would have me hauled off to jail. So I've decided no to partake in such activities so as not to create my own episode of "Locked Up Abroad".
No comments:
Post a Comment